Monday, April 09, 2007

Say it with confidence

One thing I do not like is talking in songs; when, suddenly the singer rythmically speaks to you. Any song with spoken word (excluding martin sexton, ani difranco, and the genres of rap or hip-hop) should be banned. They include: (I'm a little embarrassed just typing these lyrics.)

"Oops I did it again" (by you know who)
"But I thought the old lady dropped it into the ocean in the end"
"Well baby, I went down and got it for you"
"Oh, you shouldn't have."


The Girl is Mine (featuring Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney)
(Paul) Michael, we're not going to fight about this, okay
(Michael) Paul, I think I told you, I'm a lover not a fighter
(Paul)I've heard it all before, Michael, she told me that I'm her forever lover,
You know, don't you remember
(Michael) Well, after loving me, she said she couldn't love another
(Paul) Is that what she said
(Michael) Yes, she said it, you keep dreaming


Hot for Teacher (Van Halen)
"Oh man, I think the clock is slow"
"I don't feel tardy"
"Class dismissed"

2 comments:

Unspar! said...

I can't believe you left us with only three songs. This is the kind of thing I could go on about for days.

al said...

I couldn't think of any others. In fact, I had to have help coming up with these. But I know 'em (and hate 'em) when I hear 'em.