Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Moral, More, Moravian

The motto of the Moravian church is:

(in Latin) In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas
(in English) "In essentials, unity; in nonessentials, liberty; and in all things, love"

In reading (well, skimming) about Wesley, the Moravians elbowed their way into the article. This is their motto - and something Chrissy from the Tonks has repeatedly said. C.Grue, you're Moravian, which is good. They are fascinating. Anyone know of a good book about the Moravians?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just going to say that it is a GREAT motto. Ha.

I can't believe I've said stuff like that.

Unspar! said...

Check out Mitch McManus' "Mastering Moravia's Million Miraculous Miracles."

al said...

Mizzle, shut it! I am fascinated.

Ben, that's incredible use of 'm's.

Ceeg, all the time.

al said...

Miz,
No, you're right! It IS some ridiculous number...90% would be amazing. They were pretty intense, though, so anything's possible.