Thursday, January 18, 2007

What is this?

Free time. I have pined for you for 5 and 1/2 years. Now I have you. And I love you. Liberty to sleep, to watch DVDs in the middle of the day, to swim con mis amigas, to run when I please.

I have Arabic class tonight and I realized I'm running painfully low on vocab I can remember. We're supposed to write an essay about ourselves. Mine is roughly:

My name is Anna Leisa. I live in Minneapolis. I like to travel. I like to run and swim. My family lives in Saudi. I like to learn about the Middle East.

"I like"..it's really the only phrase you need to know. When bargaining -

Shopkeeper: "That'll be 40 bucks."
Shopper: "I like 30."

When dealing with conflict -
Neighbor: "Your stuff is in my yard."
Person: "I like stuff."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I make soooo much money!! My friends LOOOOOOVE that I have a job!!!" - Anna Leisa in Arabic

al said...

oh, i forgot! ha! another case of 'i don't know how to say anything, really'