So I've been thinking it would be easy to fit everyone and everything into a few simple categories. I can't really imagine an instance in which a thing/circumstance/mammal would not fit into one of these classifications:
Experimental
Not Funny
Short
This week, I've been questioning life (not in a sad way; in a contemplative way), its the nature and purpose. (Any thoughts?) I am aware of the canned answers of religious, non-religious, and anti-religious groups, of philosphers, of my family and friends, of the media, of society, of myself. (And by canned, I mean quick and sometimes very correct answers.) But what's beneath that? What am I believing that is governing me? Not "What do I wish I believed?" or "What am I trying to believe?," but "What's really moving me?" After all, everyone's got their drug of choice. (I think Gospel Choir is becoming mine. Or maybe GoldenEye on Nintendo 64.)
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
GoldenEye RULZ!
Thanks for the subtle reference, by the way, but here's an example of something that doesn't fit into any of those:
That really long joke that Grandpa tells every Thanksgiving.
Not Funny.
OK, how about this one? That MasterCard commercial where Yao Ming buys a Statue of Liberty souvenir.
Commercial: Funny.
Yao Ming: Tall.
MasterCard Ads: Formulaic.
Commercial: Short
Yao Ming: Not Funny
You win on MasterCard Ads.
Oh, I was totally setting you up for a "priceless" joke! Oh well.
Even though I'm beginning to doubt that was a MasterCard ad now.
I can't believe I missed that! Nice set-up, yo.
it was a Visa Checkcard ad. The chick at the counter said "yo" and pointed at the "No checks" or "need ID" sign or whatever, and Yao kept trying to correct her pronounciation of his name "Yao". You were close tho, and those (Mastercard) ads are formulaic, but amusing.
GOLDENEYE! They're making an updated version for PC! Have no fear, Gilman and I will be playing it at the Daily before you know it!
Also, congrats on the 10 mile run. You ought to tell me about it sometime.
Oh, and you should check out Network today. =]
Ann,
You know your ads!
Dan,
ARE YOU SERIOUS?? I will play ALL the time!
sick...not goldeneye!!! You should stop back in IS sometime and we'll have to hook up the xbox. I have goldeneye on it.
Post a Comment