Friday, October 27, 2006

Through the paces

This is the Opera:
Tales of Hoffman. It's about a guy and what happens to three of his lovers. This is going to seem biased, but Hoffman is the most entertaining opera I've seen the Minnesota Opera put on. The three lovers are characterized in three completely different ways... More deets later.

This is what I do:
Stand around a "bar" with the men's chorus and 5 other lady "supers" (short for "supernumerary," which is long for "extra"). We dance a little, we laugh & fake drink a lot. We walk here. We lean on the bar there. We scurry away from it. Then we move side-to-side in rythmn. We hide in the arms of our fellow bar-goers. We watch a fight. We cheer for the diva. All the while, I have the absolute BEST seat in the house. The principals (lead performers) are singing (and spitting) in their tough, yet smooth, voices.

AND the gorgeous men's chorus surround me. I mean, their gorgeous voices. And selves. They're great. And at any given time, when I look to my right, my friend Angie is there being IN CHARGE of the seemingly endless amount of props and transitions and people and costumes and entrances and actors and stage-hands.

Tomorrow is our first performance. Yipps!

(I am missing my regular life/work/people, though...)

3 comments:

christinesfakeblog said...

So great, I love this post! This is so exciting!

al said...

Ugh! My crush has been uncovered.

mrs. r said...

that sounds so cool. Can you get tickets for your friends and stuff? *wink, wink*