Monday, October 09, 2006

Can you believe there's more?

Seriously, Thursday through Sunday were altogether marvelous, with two Sunday events icing the goodness-cake.

1) Aamodt's Apple Orchard

Are you kidding? This place is fabulous! It sprinkled and was autumnly cool out. Lane & Luis, Justin & Angie, and Christine and I and Monster spent three hours purusing the (surprisingly few) apple trees, the "country store" (a giant wood warehouse of apple goods), and the winery. Great moments (thanks to Monster):

We were "playing" on the hay and this older woman who was watching a couple kids kept saying, "Don't knock over the adults! Don't knock over the adults." I wanted to say "If anybody's gonna fall off this bale of hay, it's gonna be your gigantic-glasses child."

Also, Justin says that a little girl came up to him and Monster and they had this conversation:

Girl: What's his name? (In the name of getting our facts straight, it should be said that Monster's a girl).
Justin: This is Monster the puppy.
Girl: Why is he a puppy?
Justin: (speechless)

Apples & Angie running after Monster:





2) THEN, Angie & Christine & I saw 'The Miser' at Jeune Lune. It was THE BEST live theater I've seen (besides 'The Tempest' at the Globe). It was disgusting and vulgar and miserly and lovely. The actors all managed to reach the limit of over-the-top, without actually going over.

I officially loved Minneapolis after the Orchard & Jeune Lune were said and done.


Here are some photos of former FTA females at the Shogren Wedding. Congrats, you crazy kids!



2 comments:

christinesfakeblog said...

This entry is great!!

al said...

Thanks, ma'am! It was a GREAT weekend.