Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Fax

To think about:

The war in Iraq costs $2 billion dollars per week.

Americans eat 18 acres of pizza a day.

The Hundred Years' war lasted 116 years.

If at Thanksgiving-time we are still in Iraq, this war will have lasted longer than World War II.

You should move to the Middle East with me.

The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."

The symbol on the "pound" key (#) is called an octothorpe.

Balkan Beat Box embodies some of the best modern music.

The longest place-name still in use is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwh
enuakita natahu
, a New Zealand hill.

(I can't guarantee the validity of these facts.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am coming to the Middle East with you. I can guarantee that fact.

But first we MUST do summer camp!

al said...

Emileek! YEEEES! I'm down for whatever. After the first couple weeks of May I am FREE. You were MADE for Kamp Kanakuk.

Alec Wojciechowski said...

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakita natahu is also known in New Zealand as 'Make Out Point'

al said...

I'm sorry. Did you say "Make your point"?

Okay, well...what I'm trying to say is most people are born selfish - or self-concerned, if you want to say it politely. A select few let go of them"selves" and pursue more altruistic endeavors. Agreed?

Unspar! said...

Actually, the hundred years war lasted only 58 years, exactly half as many years as historians claim.