Sunday, November 19, 2006

Creatures sans comfort

Here is the situation right now.

Small animal(s):
There's little that is as disturbing as the sound of pitter-patter in your walls, near your bed. Or above your head. Our landlords say we have a squirrel (or squirrels?), now stuck in the framework of our home. It's not quiet. It's not pleasant.

However, I'd take a squirrel over mice any day.

Large(r) animal:
Beth & I got our cat today.

Pros include:
Its ability to possibly drive away mice, if there are more/any.

Cons include:
It has not MOVED since we brought it into the house. It hates new people, according to its owners. And this is to be expected, they said. However, it's currently existing in a deep well of depression.

Also, strangers are already telling me endless pet stories. I feel like I just had a baby and no one can talk to me about normal topics (food, crushes, movies, whatever) anymore. It's just all about the new mammal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet monster would be more than happy to help motivate your new friend to move. She is very helpful that way.

al said...

Our scared babes would DIE if Monster was near. Die.

You think squirrels are worse...? I feel like they're too big to be creepy. And I KNOW they don't like humans.

Also, the cat doesn't have a name yet. I want to name it something Arabic...but we're open to suggestions.

Anonymous said...

did you loan or purchase the cat? We "borrowed" a cat from my mom when we had mice in the house (I'll tell you the story sometime, it's pretty funny) but then it went to live with one of the girls after we vacated the premesis... just sayin, in case you were thinking temporary...