Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Really nothing

Running yesterday was totally perfect. It felt terrible and wonderful all at once. I read a quote once, of a guy who had gone from coach potato to triathlete. He said of running, "It's simple. But it's not easy." So true. And it's so good for you. As much as I hate it sometimes, there are great moments when my feet hit the pavement the sun's hitting me and it feels like I can outrun any frustration. I tried to push my pace and my mind passed their present bounds.

In other news, sometimes I just want to Google "lesson i'm supposed to learn from this situation" and have some great wisdom be instantly, abundantly clear. I should try it.

I tried it. It's really not helpful. The top three results:

"What Business Can Learn from Open Source"
"FastWeb: Resources: Freshman Blog"
"A Lesson in Learning Hawaiian"

Last night, my phone died. I mean, corpsed out for real. I had talked on it for approximately 5 hours and it had enough of my attitude, or something. The tricky part was that I hadn't even called back Stacey or Michael, two people I have been sorely neglecting in the last 48 hours (sorry, dudes). So I sat down to drown myself in Reese's Pieces and email them instead. I got one sentence and five Reese's Pieces into the whole ordeal, when I bit my tongue. It was no small injury. I mean, I seriously bit the tip of my tongue so hard. I yelled an assortment of cuss words as blood gushed from my mouth. Yeah, I know that's hot. (As Christine would say, "Why am I not married?")

Also, I'm sort of mad at my parents. I think they're in between continents right now, on their way to the States. But I don't know for sure, because they haven't called or emailed in a week. Grounded.

I must say, there are moments when I seriously hate that i'm gonna be in MPLS for another year. The world is out there, after all!

6 comments:

Maren said...

I too have tried to google for answers about life, or direction on decisions. I am always met with failure. Why is this?, I wonder.

Unspar! said...

Hooray for unhappiness!

al said...

Dear Ben:

Unhappy? Who said unhappy?

Sincerely,
Anna Leisa

Baba said...

I tried to call you last night to tell you how much I love you.
Don't be mad.
Baba

al said...

Yay, baba! I got your message...and talked to mom and will. They are here, for sure. And the Target corporation is already the better for it!

Unspar! said...

I did.

Also, I mostly did that for the alliteration.