
Oh, Sugar Lake.
I'll admit, the weekend got off to a rough start. In the first ten minutes of the conference at least the three rockers closest to me (including me) openly complained. One said, "I think I might go to Pat's." Pat's party, that is.*
Another was having trouble breathing (not her fault).**
Then, something great happened. The Sin Chart. I won't repeat the wonder of Christine's blog entry about this phenomenon. But you REALLY should check it out. You can find it at: http://christineone.blogspot.com/ or just click the "Christer" link. Right there on the right of your screen.
In the process of tracking our sins, we learned how much we sin.*** The judging/tattling got pretty bad. Demonstration:
Joe pointing out Kevin's sin: "My lusty girlfriend says he cheated."
There are so many things wrong with that, I can't even begin. But I will. First, Emily is not Joe's girlfriend. I mean, just look at that picture on Christine's blog. Second, Kevin did not cheat. Third, Joe is judging, which we all know is a sin. Also, he's calling his (non-)girlfriend "lusty." Bad show, Joe. Bad show.
I feel it's important to point out that Christine was literally on her high horse the whole night, too.**** She was so harsh, Joe got to the point where he would apologize if she had to reach for anything on her own. This included cards during her turn of Phase 10 (Yes. Every turn.), snacks, etc.
There's much more to this. But it's this girl's bedtime.
Christine, thanks for blogging about this and letting me steal your astericks. Joe and Rachel, thank you for singing so loudly to me (it was so long ago, but it's all coming back to me). Emily, thank you for the hummus. Kevin, thank you for setting an example for the believers.
* I should clear this up. We weren't really invited. We just saw a sign with balloons, that's all.
** Not mine, either.
*** I'm not sure we learned anything.
**** It was actually a rocking/easy chair. Another of Joe's duties was to push the chair back into the circle anytime she rocked herself out of the group, which was often.
Mad props to all the 240 ladies. Let's hear it for the weaker sex.

3 comments:
You singles conference folk are the worst people I ever met. You all better get married--and QUICK.
Thanks for the advice, Ben.
IF I CAN EAT AN ENTIRE PLATE OF SPAGHETTI IN FIVE MINUTES THAN WHY AM I NOT MARRIED?!!?!
...kidding!
excellent post, AL
Post a Comment