Alyssa & I are basking in the glory of our warm office. The Current is playing. The snow is falling. My laundry is circulating. And she just read me her "100 Things" list. As the name suggests, it's 100 things to do before death. (I want suggestions for mine. Got any?)
Last night our house met at SlausKurShub para un video. We watched 'Oldboy,' an uber-violent Korean film that I highly recommend.
Back to today. There's an old article on Slate.com about heaven....
"Paradise Lite:
In heaven, you'll be thinner, happier, and smarter—or so Americans think."
Excerpt here:
If, as Christianity believes, it is the place where our souls are united with God, then it's no more possible to describe heaven than it is to describe God himself. That's why Dante, at the conclusion of Paradiso, declares that he is unable to write down what he saw: "From that moment my vision was greater than our speech." For austere or mystically inclined believers, this absolute otherness of heaven is what makes it absolutely desirable. "To be in paradise," John Calvin reminded his followers, "is not to speak to each other and be heard by each other, but only to enjoy God."
The rest is at this link
Friday, March 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks for the note. I know you're still figuring out "your future." But do you think you'll be around at all in June? I'd love to see you and Anna. I hope to spend a day or two in the cities that month to see people. And of course, I'll be living in Msp. come July:)
I didn't know you'd be back in the Cits! I'm not sure where I'll be, but when I know, I'll let you know.
Yes! Ben got a job at a private equity firm downtown (the whole story is on the blog), and we'll be moving to Minneapolis. Yippee!
Post a Comment