Tuesday, December 19, 2006

How nice

Saudi feels familiar - perhaps partially b/c it's the same temp here as it was in MPLS. My body refuses to believe it is in a different time zone. It has decided 3 a.m. is the perfect time to get up, which leaves me alone for hours, eating outmeal and watching episodes of 30Rock. (I hope that didn't sound like a complaint. Seriously.)

After 30 hours in airports & at 37,000 ft (with some interesting encounters) I arrived. I ate. I slept for 9 hours and I didn't shower for the remainder of the day, which is probably why my brother Will, in a moment of snuggling, sweetly and quietly whispered: "You smell like kielbasa."

This morning I went to an Arabic lesson with my mom. This reminded me why I love Arabic. And I think it reminded my mom why I was never home-schooled.

Also, I've been playing a lot of Scrabble.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Scrabble!

It is good to here your travels went safely. What is the time difference between Mpls and Saudi?

So this outmeal you speak of, does it involve figs and camel milk like I am envisioning?

Anonymous said...

I too am excited that you're playing Scrabble!

I really hope you enjoy this time with the fam and come home renewed.

Tell me again what kielbasa is?

al said...

Justin!
The time diff is 9 hours. And the oatmeal here DEFINITELY involves camel milk and figs (it's clear you've studied up on Middle Eastern culture). Also, it is accompanied by belly dancers. You and me and your wifey will have to play Scrabble in 2007.

Christiney!
How was Vegs?! Did you see Cirque du Soleil? Kielbasa is garlic-y sausage. So attractive!