Friday, September 01, 2006

Oo, Zach

Lunch in 'Opkins was a wild success. Christine and Ben and Dan and I laughed and laughed. All the buildings there are short. During the excursion, I decided I'm going to host a lightning tournament at my house (we have a semi-defunct basketball hoop in our "backyard"). Consider this your warm-up invitation. For sure, I'm going to ask the HR and IS departments where I work. I'd like to see them go head to head. But this show of athleticism is open to everyone.

Last night I got home late but couldn't settle down, so I threw in a DVD and decided to bake cookies. I was halfway through making a half batch of cookies when I realized Beth & I own zero cookie sheets. I was halfway through the movie when I realized there had (still) been no dialogue. I think I'll re-watch it, without the distraction of my lacking baking, sometime. The best part (that I caught) was in the opening titles when the name of the movie 'Distant' was displayed in Turkish. It's "uzak."

I've got a quote for you. Thomas A Kempis is bringing the pain (and by pain I mean wisdom) this time:

"There are four things you must do. First, strive to do another's will rather than your own. Second, choose always to have less than more. Third, seek the lower places in life, dying to the need to be recognized and important. Fourth, always and in everything desire that the will of God may be completely fulfilled in you. The person who tries this will be treading the frontiers of peace and rest."

True dat, T.A.K.!

2 comments:

christinesfakeblog said...

Thanks for posting that Kempis quote - wow.

Unspar! said...

Thomas a Kempis! That's my boy!