I visited Woodland Hills Church yesterday. Some Sundays, I spend the a.m. at Mercy Vineyard Church (their site is here), which I highly recommend. But Saturday night (after running WAY too far with Christine in the sauna that is our atmosphere...you should've seen the sweat. Increible! Oh, this was also after Angie & Justin smuggled Monster into my building for a sleepover. I can't stop thinking about Monster and the milk carton.), I checked my email and had been sent this story by my father, Paul Edward (with whom I am well pleased). (this story is here)
It's about Woodland Hills. So I went. (Oh, and also, my darling Tamar sent me the SAME LINK on Sunday morning, along with a very touching remark about the news of the day in Lebanon.)
It was also good. My natural temperment does not like being alone, but I can def handle church by myself. It's really therapeudic. EXCEPT that for some reason (honestly unknown to me), whenever I go to a church alone, I end up crying. And it's not because I'm sad or emotionally disturbed - BUT, the people around me don't know that. It just so happened that this time, I ended up tearing up during a video about recovered drug addicts. So, I'm SURE the people around me thought "Oh, this poor girl is coming here by herself. She's a loner. And she's really touched by this video. I bet she struggles with an addiction. I know! I'll give her my sympathetic face." Because that's what they did. They gave me the face that says, "Honey, don't worry. You won't be alone and a drug addict forever." (I gave them the look that says, "Oh yeah, prove it!" ... even though I'm not either of those things).
You should read some Anne Lamott, if you have time.
Monday, July 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Let's read Anne Lamott
Yes, let's!
good thinkin' in regards to the address.
you can never be to careful 'round these parts...
y, lo siento para la verificacion de la palabra.
angie, don't cop a 'tude with me!
Post a Comment