
Okay, I don't think any of us could look worse in this picture. This is my darling Tamar, myself, and Michael (my two constant companions in Saudi) at a kiddie's bday party (our social life was crazy there).
Tamar (usually) goes to school in Manchester. Michael is back in Boston. I'm in MPLS, of course. One of us narrowly escaped war this week. (It wasn't me. Or Michael.)
Tamar was spending the summer in Lebanon with her mother (that's where they're originally from). I had been emailing her, trying to see if she was all right. And I finally heard back this morning. She and her mum ducked out of Lebanon between bombings. There was a 24 hour lull in the attacks, she reports. They fled to Jordan. The road they took was bombed out shortly after.
Tamar is probably one of the loveliest, wisest women I've ever known. Her vision is rightly set on the high nature of God and eternity. Currently, she is discouraged and disheartened to say the least. If you pray, please pray for her and all those in Lebanon & Israel whose lives and homes are being collapsed to nothing. Please put yourself in their shoes. Imagine your hometown being attacked and the masses in it being brought into an unwanted war for the sake of a few who hold violent grudges.
I'm so thankful for the peace we experience.
Here's a more accurate pic of Tamar. I just love her!

No comments:
Post a Comment