Saturday, August 04, 2007

Ben & Angie are bossy

That's a joke. I'm glad you care to know my thoughts/decisions. I actually have none of either right now, but will let you know as soon as they materialize. Could be any moment.

In the meantime, I've copy-and-pasted my work blog post about mountain biking this week (because I'm too lazy to write anything original). Have you done this biking in the woods business? It's close to crazy...and yet fun. Ahem, read below:

My biking coach Jordan and I hit the mountain-biking trail and we hit it hard. Well, he hit it hard. I had another one of those experiences where some nice, better-than-me athlete waits for me to catch up.

The thing about mountain biking is it’s hard. It’s INCREDIBLY awkward, and presents a constant fear of smashing your face open on the rocks below. Despite being bad at it, I could see the appeal. Mountain bikers have to think — quickly. They have to analyze the terrain. And they have to constantly run an inner monologue that says: I will kick the ass of the very earth I’m riding on.

Attitude is everything, right?

6 comments:

Unspar! said...

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put on the pressure. Todavia estoy orando para ti.

Angie said...

You know, I've been called bossy many times and it really doesn't bother me.

al said...

No apologies! I wasn't serious, Benji.

And Angie I find it hard to believe you've been called bossy...outside the Opera, anyway.

Unspar! said...

I figured you weren't serious...and then I'm not serious either.

But hey, last night I saw someone who looked like you, and then I wished that that person was you, and then I cried because she wasn't.

al said...

Ben - the same thing happened to me last night!

TNT said...

my dear anna

oh i heard about mountain biking.. my first experience was very similar... and i did not even enjoy the best part (downhill) because i was still too freaked out about the up part:)
miss you and love you
tera