Monday, August 07, 2006

Mmm good!

Just a couple great things that happened this weekend:

I started moving. I could not love my new apt. more. (Cliche dead ahead...) It's got character. I'll miss 1008 and Mz. Weggel, but the Daily will bridge that gap.

My darling Christine and I ran three Calhouns on Saturday. I could hardly believe it was happening. Then, I could hardly believe it was over. My ankle hates me a little for all that effort, but the rest of me was surprisingly at peace. The combo of Christine and running is such a good one. I recommend you try it out, if you haven't. It's LITERALLY good for the body and the soul.

Yesterday, I went to a BBQ at Currie Park and hung out with a bunch of families and kids that live in the Riverside area. It was soooo great. (Right, Rockers?) There were a few especially lovely parts:

~ Pushing Abdul on the swings. Three years old. Non-stop smile that seemed to wrap itself entirely around his head. Stole my sunglasses.

~ Waterballoons & the near-UN Peacekeeping efforts we had to undertake in order to keep ravenous youths away from them until the appropriate time.

~ The troupe of girls that was determined to soak/freeze/attack the 20something females in our group. It was like Road Rules/Real World rookies vs. veterans. Anyone remember that?

Now, the Daily's on my mind.

3 comments:

Brady said...

Hi lady,

I'll be in the cities Aug. 18-21 for a wedding. Naomi is letting me stay with her, which is very very cool and generous. Would you like to meet us for coffee and treats on Saturday? Anna is already out. Britt will be there, too.

Hope you're having a lovely Monday,
B

al said...

Yes, I am there! You should call or email with the deets, yo.

guy said...

i liked the line: "Stole my sunglasses."